I nicked this tag off Beautychick101‘s blog. I enjoy reading what products work for others and what they do to stay healthy and beautiful, but it’s not everyday that we reveal OUR makeup or skincare boo boos. After all, we’re only human, right? So I thought I’d have a little fun with this.
My Five Must-NOT Have Items
1. Nivea skincare products – I could be generalising here, but so far, NONE of the skincare products (except for the body lotions) by Nivea works on me. My skin breaks out easily after using Nivea products. I really don’t understand why.
2. Olay Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum – This did nothing for me at all. And now I’m stuck with a white elephant in my cupboard. Does anybody want to take this off my hands? For free?* :p
3. Cocoa butter – I know this is good for the skin, but I steer clear of this because I cannot stand the smell of cocoa butter. Once, when I was in Japan, I applied this before heading to work, and my colleagues commented that I smelt bad. Ugh.
4. Nail polish on my fingernails – I love a good pedicure, and pretty coloured toemails, but I can’t have nail polish on my fingernails. I spent ages putting it on only to end up smudging them later. I could never be able to paint them on nicely, and 5 minutes later, they’d be chipped. It’s frustrating, I tell ya. That was the reason I wore gloves the whole time at my wedding. No need for lovely manicures which I’m sure to muck up.
5. Bright blue eyeshadow – I did a stint of this when I was in Japan. Just smacked the blue on my lids, with hardly any blending. Looking back the photographs, it looked positively GHASTLY with my washed-out face. Now I stick to very subtle blues, or mix it with a little shimmery yellow to soften the colours. Geez, what was I thinking back then?!
My Five Biggest Makeup/Skincare Crimes
1. Over-tweezing my eyebrows – this is a big boo boo of mine. I can’t seem to keep my itchy hands off my brows, and more often than not, I over-tweeze one side. Pathetic attempts on salvaging the other side to match the mucked up side just makes everything worse.
2. I’m pretty lazy with eyecreams. I have loads of ‘em, but I always forget to apply ‘em. One day it’s on, five days off, oops-I-forgot-about-it, put it on again. Etc etc.
3. Lack of care to my feet – I’m terrible at this. I know I should apply foot cream on my dry and cracked heels every night, but I’m just too bone-lazy to do so. My poor feet screams of dryness all the time.
4. I put sunscreen on my face religiously, but not on my arms and legs *gulp*
5. Sometimes I pick at my blackheads when I’m bored – this is a huge NO NO, people. As much as you can, leave the blackhead removal to the professionals.
*I’m afraid I can only send this to you when I’m back in Malaysia in September as I don’t have it with me right now. If you’re interested, just give me a holler, and I’ll get back to you on this.