Note: This is a picture-heavy entry. Click on the pictures to enlarge.
Inspired by Geekchic to do this post, I’ve finally taken pictures of my entire makeup collection and posted them here. My current makeup collection you see here is half of the actual amount of makeup that I own; the rest are still in Malaysia, which I couldn’t bring with me due to baggage space and weight restrictions. Note that this was a draft I came up with a couple of weeks ago. As a makeup addict, there have been new additions to the “family” since then.
My makeup collection is very mismatched. I do not have the latest collections of anything, nor are they expensive. I don’t buy makeup from just one or two well-known brands as I love to try anything and everything.
Most of my makeup are of drugstore brands, because I don’t believe in spending much on a single makeup item (the money is spent on skincare, which, in my opinion, is far more important than makeup). This is with the exception of foundation and primers; these are barriers that protect the skin from makeup, so I’d prefer to spend more on better quality ones. Having said that, there are a lot of gems in drugstore and cheaper brands for these too.
“Huh? She calls herself a beauty blogger? Look at all the cheap stuff she uses!”
Bear in mind that I’m not even close to what Paris, Geekchic, Jojoba or other beauty bloggers out there have, so don’t be disappointed when you see my humble collection. I’m just a girl who likes my makeup
This is my dressing table. Nothing fancy, no mirrors (no need for one, as our built-in wardrobe has a mirror which is from ceiling to floor), just a chest of drawers from IKEA. I’ll be doing a post on the skincare products I use in the near future. For now, we’ll stick to the makeup.
This is where I keep my makeup. I don’t keep them in a train case simply because I don’t have one. Have been itching to get one for a very long time now. It’s a pity that train cases are so expensive. For now, I keep my makeup in small plastic drawers for the ones I use regularly, drawstring bag and makeup bag for those which I seldom use. The drawstring bag was actually a lunch bag used to store lunch boxes which I bought in Japan. The makeup bag was a freebie from Kanebo.
Foundation and Powder
1. Liquid foundation – MAC Studio Fix Fluid (NC30)
2. Mineral foundation – Loreal Bare Naturale Mineral Foundation
3. Loose powder – Estee Lauder Lucidity Translucent Loose Powder
4. Concealer – Estee Lauder Maximum Cover Lightweight Makeup
5. Two-way foundation – Maybelline AngelFit Flawless Affinity Foundation
My current interest – mineral makeup. I have reviews on each of my mineral makeup haul coming up, so do stay tuned for that.
6. Everyday Minerals foundation in a mix of Light Olive and Olive Fair
7. Silk Naturals foundation which I mixed to get my skin tone.
8. Lumiere mineral foundation
9. 10g jars of concealers and blushes from Silk Naturals, Everyday Minerals, Signature Minerals and Lumiere.
10. Mixing scoops from Signature Minerals
11. Silk Naturals foundation and eye colour samples from Silk Naturals and Signature Minerals.
12. Elianto Auto Eyebrow Pencil
13. Kose Visee Dual Pencil Eyeliners
14. Silkygirl Funky Eyelights pencils – I love these; they glide on my eyelids so smoothly.
15. Maybelline Line ‘n Design Eye Liner
16. Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil
17. Jordana FineLiner (liquid eyeliner)
This is where my mismatched concept comes in. As you can see, I don’t have sets of anything.
18. Elianto 3D Eyeshadow Cubes (Jade Green and Gold Brown)
19. Kanebo Testimo eye colours (gold and lilac)
20. Sportsgirl Shimmer Palette
21. Loreal ColorAppeal (Real Silver)
22. Lavshuca eye colour (PU-1)
23. The Face Shop Jewel Powder (YL701)
24. Pop Beauty Glow and Highlight Pressed Radiance Powder
25. Canmake Dual Sparkle Color
26. Rimmel Metallic Cream Shadow (051 Soho)
27. Anna Sui Eye Glitter
28. Silkygirl Duo Eye Shadows (Marine Apricot and Smokey Spark)
29. Wet ‘n’ Wild Duo Eye Shadow (Cool Chic)
30. The Face Shop Black Label Eyeshadow (Apple Green)
31. Silk Naturals’ Bobbi Brown Stonewashed Nudes Palette clone – Basalt, Bone, Slate, Quartzite, Terra, Aztec and Moonstone
32. Tokidoki for Smashbox (Modella) – I got this on eBay for AUD15. Don’t you just love amazing finds on eBay? :p
33. Elianto eyeshadow palette, with self-customised colours.
34. Another Elianto eyeshadow palette.
35. NYX 3 Color Eyeshadow palette (Beanie/Red Bronze/Red Bean)*
36. Red Earth All Round Concealer
37. Kanebo T’estimo Frame Impact Eyes in 01
38. Lancome 6 Mini Color Focus
39. Dramatical Eye Base (a mascara base I picked up in Japan)
40. CoverGirl Volume Exact waterproof mascara
41. Rimmel Glam’ Eyes mascara
42. Maybelline Sky High Curves waterproof mascara
43. Benefit Dandelion
44. Benefit Georgia
45. NARS Exhibition A
46. Clinique Fresh Bloom Allover Colour
47. Muji shimmery cheek colour (picked this up from the Muji shop in Japan)
48. Jane Blushing Cheeks*
49. The Face Shop Black Label Blusher (Pastel Pink)
50. Lumiere mineral veena blush (Terra Cotta)
51. Everyday Minerals mineral blush (Sunday Brunch)
52. Silk Naturals mineral blush (Climax)
53. Silk Naturals mineral blush (Flirt)
54. Signature Minerals mineral blush (Desiree)
55. Signature Minerals mineral blush (Roseberry)
56. Scott Barnes Chic Palette
62. Agent Provocateur Titillation Lip Balm (it comes in a set with a *ahem* nipple balm :p)
63. Fasio Create Magic Lip Lip Gloss and Lip Pencil Duo
64. Chanel Levres Lumiere Intense (Vibration)*
65. NARS lip gloss in Babe
66. Naked Minerals Gloss by Jemma (a free gift from a magazine – rubbish lippie)
67. Revlon Super Lustrous lipgloss in Pearl Plum (my favourite lippie of the stash)
68. Maybelline Water Shine Gloss (Berry Shiny)
69. Face of Australia lip gloss (Glossy Honey)
I prefer lip gloss to lipstick, hence the pathetic amount of lipsticks I own.
70. Avon Ultra Moisture Rich Metallic Lipstick (Metallic Pink)
71. Revlon Renewist Lipcolor (Juicy Apricot)
72. Kanebo T’estimo Clear Memory Rouge (PK-230)
73. Kanebo T’estimo Serumdrape Rouge in RS-233*
74. ZA Lip Aqualish (011)
75. Elianto makeup brushes
76. Assortment of makeup brushes from The Body Shop, The Face Shop, Elianto, etc. Makeup brush case from The Face Shop.
77. Kabuki brush (bought at Beauty Impact)
78. Lumiere travel-sized makeup brushes
79. Elianto Dashing Lashes (bought this on a whim with Beetrice at Genting Highlands)
80. Beauty Essentials (Priceline) eye pencil sharpener
81. Bonjela Teething Gel (I mistook this for the ulcer gel when I grabbed this off the shelf. Works just as well though)
82. Garnier Pure SOS Blemish Pen
83. Nail clippers
84. Eyebrow scissors, tweezers and Shu Uemura eyelash curler
85. Muji eyebrow brush (got this in Japan)
86. Metal eyelash comb (only 100yen in Japan )
87. Everyday Minerals long-handled kabuki brush
88. Kanebo T’estimo eyebrow pencil
So there ya go, that’s my current makeup collection. Not very impressive as you can tell. But I’m pretty proud of it. I shall be updating this from time to time when I do a review of any of the above makeup items. And also maybe a part II, when I build the collection up.
This isn’t a tag, but I’d love to know what your makeup collection is like. Go on, take some photos of your makeup and share, share, share!
*These makeup items are courtesy of the lovely Paris B