Kia wanted to know what my 5 ins and outs are right now, i.e. what I’m into currently (and not). Some of these have been an “in” for quite some time now, and not all of them are beauty-related. Here goes.
What’s In For Me
1. Cute environmental bags, like the ones from Envirosax. Beats carrying plastic and paper bags around.
2. Turquoise eyeshadow, matched with yellow eyeshadow and highlights. I’ve always loved using this combination of colours on my eyes. I first saw this used on one of my dear friends, Hester, several years ago when we were in Japan. Goes very well with dark brown eyes.
3. Fragrance diffusers. Perfect for areas in the house where you don’t want to leave lighted scented candles unattended. I put one in the kitchen and one in our bedroom. I love the ones by Aspley & Company Melbourne Scented Space.
4. Crisp white men’s shirts. You can’t go wrong with these. You can dress them up with trousers, pencil skirts, or dress them down with jeans. I’m currently on a lookout for another shirt or two. My, err, Padini linen one is looking a little worse for wear.
What’s Out For Me
1. MAC Hello Kitty collection – okay, I know this is going to annoy a LOT of MAC lovers out there, but it just isn’t for me. I reckon it’s because it’s been far too publicised, compared to other collections. No thanks for me. On a slightly different note, I prefer the original Hello Kitty when she was red and white, not pink.
2. Purple eyeshadow. As much as I love the colour, I just can’t wear it on my eyes. Still can’t perfect this without looking like I’ve been punched in the eye. Dammit!
3. The first three seasons of How I Met Your Mother were hilarious, but the fourth went way down. It’s as though they’ve run out of things to talk about, and so they’re just adding in any old funny bits which, in my opinion, aren’t funny. Either introduce the mother already, or quit while you’re ahead.
4. Movie titles with two words – “The Something“, e.g The Ring, The Teacher, The Matrix, etc. It was nothing at first, but more and more movies are titled as such these days. Running out of inspiration, oh movie makers? I’m not surprised if I see these movie titles in the future – “The Chair”, “The Table”, “The Horse”, “The Cat”, “The Bird”, “The Car”, etc. Oh y’know what I mean.
5. Bookstores not stocking Enid Blyton books for children. Her books are classic children’s stories, not Harry Potter or Hannah Montana. Sigh.
And … that’s it!
I wasn’t tagged for this, as this was a question from Kia (thanks for the Q, Kia. Hope you weren’t asking for all beauty-related stuff though :P), but I’d love to know what your 5 current ins and outs are. It can be beauty related or not.
For those whom I did not tag, feel free to do this too if you like. I look forward to reading your ins and outs 🙂